Author Topic: The Truth About Godís Promises | Pastor Steven Furtick Video  (Read 190 times)

Lynette

• View Profile
The Truth About Godís Promises | Pastor Steven Furtick    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsljK_hEB_A
Transcipt:
Sometimes, we can feel like Godís promises arenít coming to pass.  In this clip, learn the the truth about Godís promises.
In every place there is a purpose, in every place there is a purpose, but before it is discovered it must be determined and God will allow you to determine the purpose of the place you're in so you can simply survive it or you can be strengthened by it you can resent it or you can be like John who on the island of Patmos wrote the book of Revelation you decide the purpose for the place is this going to be the place where you become bitter and lay down and die from your disappointment or is this going to be the place that you discover a dream a deeper source to drink from all the good grasses in the valley you can only get strength from certain places this is something that Jacob could not get anywhere else but here in this place the Lord is in this place remember he's still got 490 miles to go before he gets to his destination but the Lord is in this place it means that he is with me on the way he's with me on the way and anytime I want to I can open a gate to the revelation of His goodness this is the gate difficult time with your teenagers I get it this is the gate this is the gate they got quiet  on that one I must hit a nerve just just walk around pointing to stuff linking this stuff this is the gate make it a gate make it a game make it a game this season this is the game I'm not waiting this is the gate I'm not waiting for a relationship before I feel significant this is the gate I made in the image of God all by myself this is the cave that's it's the season this is the time this is the year now when I'm 45 now when I get the debt paid down this is the day I will rejoice and be glad in it after his gates with Thanksgiving you hear this word God gave me this is the gate this is the gate and it is determined before it is discovered so Jacob besides when I guess on this rock is as good as any I make it a monument it was a very common practice he said I'll set this up to remember how God met with me here after he was sleeping on something that he wasn't supposed to sleep on after he was sleeping on something that he wasn't supposed to be sleeping on after he was sleeping on something I'm asleep on this thing after he was sleeping after he would but my Jesus did this this is not just a Jacob thing gee let me see if I can find it mark 4:35 I found it when Jesus was sleeping in something that he wasn't supposed to be sleeping in and there's a commonality there's a there's there's a common thread I wonder do you see it in verse 35 it says that when evening came jacob rested on the rock when the sun went down jesus is on a boat as evening approaches and he said to his disciples let's go over to the other side next verse leaving the crowd behind they took him along just as he was in the boat there are also other boats with him a furious squall not a word we often use just a raging storm came up and the waves broke over the boat so that it was nearly a swamp now we're gonna see a con trust between what Jesus did and  what the disciples did because Jesus in the middle of a life-threatening storm where the survival of the mission was at stake was in the stern sleeping in the storm Jesus found a pillow somewhere in that boat he found a pillow and he laid his head down and went to sleep and the disciples woke him the disciples were awakened by their fear and Jesus was asleep in his purpose I'll show you and they said to him don't you care the only way for us to understand the meaning of this passage is to contrast what they thought with what he knew but first watch what he did he got up rebuked the wind for disturbing his rim cycles and said to the waves shut up be still I think you need to say that sometimes to your thoughts hello to your monkey mind to your amygdala sometimes the most spiritual thing you can say is shut up and the wind died down it was completely calm he said to his disciples why so free he said no faith and they were terrified like Jacob because the flipside of faith is always fear and they were terrified 'add asked each other who is this oh I thought you knew no it took an  uncomfortable situation to show them the revelation of who was with them all along and they were not aware do you see it even the wind and the waves obey Him who is this now what started as a storm turned into a sermon and Jesus preached who he was not by what he said but by what he did he took a pillow and laid his head down because he knew something that they did not know that in every purpose there is a promise in every purpose there is a promise I will not leave you until I have accomplished everything that I have created you for in every purpose there's a problem in every place there is a purpose but in every purpose there is a promise because this is Mark chapter 4 and in mark chapter 5 Jesus is going to meet a man who was possessed with so many demons that he simply calls himself Legion which means many so overcome by issues and oppression that he doesn't even know his identity anymore and he'll meet the man and free the man and cast the demons out of the man and send the man back into the Decapolis and when the man goes back into the Decapolis to tell the people mark 5:20 how much the Lord has done for him the gospel enters a whole new region and the mission is born that was pronounced in Genesis when God told Jacob I'm gonna bless the whole earth through you that happened in Mark chapter 5 so what Jesus knew was I can't drown in mark chapter 4 so I'm gonna get a pillow cuz I got a promise you hear me Church I might be lying down but that doesn't mean I'm not preaching hard when you've got a promise from God let me tell you what to do when God gives you a promise how many of you have a promise from God and you really believe it that he will be with you come on how many of you have a promise from God how many of you have a promise from God that he will not fail you when you've got a promise let me show you what to do when you got a promise to sleep on it touch the person next to you to help sleep on it I'm not gonna stress about it I'm not gonna weep about it I'm not gonna expend any more energy trying to manipulate it I'm gonna do what Jesus did I'm gonna find a pillow because I got a promise and I'm about to sleep on it and while I sleep God is strategizing and while I sleep the angels are coming and while I sleep the provision is being made and while I rest the promise of God it is coming to pass in my situation this is the gate [Applause] come on 3 2 1
you got a promise it's your pillow what good is the promise if you're not gonna believe it when you got a promise from God you can rest your soul and rest your head and rest assured that in every purpose there is a promise and he said in mark 4:35 let us go to the other side it was the proof that we cannot die in the storm because there is a purpose on the other side storm in this valley is that I know there's something on the other side every valley is between two mountains there is something on the other side sleep on it sleep on it cast your cares upon him he cares for you sleep on it I feel so awkward up here showing you how Jesus was the promise the pillow and the promise hey you know what I just realized something he wasn't sleeping on a pillow he was sleeping on purpose he knew that no matter what storm I go through no matter what season yeah I'm in the purpose of God will prevail sleep on it sleep on therefore since we have this promise of entering into his rest let us take heed that we do not fall short of it there is a purpose that produces rest and there is a promise that produces peace sleep on it it was a rock it became a pillow it was a pillow it became a pillar and what you're going through right now is going to be the foundation of the revelation of who God really is sleep on it sleep on it and I'll give you the ground you're lying on and I will not leave you nor forsake you until I have done everything I promised you I can't lay my head on that I can bake my life on that I can trust my children to God knowing that and the Lord is in this place the storm the valley the wilderness this place we all had those places in our lives where we're passing through we wonder what is the purpose of this but faith declares what Jacob declared surely the Lord is in this place and I I was not aware but but now I am I see it now
hey thanks for watching.... if you enjoyed the message just do two simple things before you go click the logo to subscribe to this channel so you won't miss a video I promise I'll make it worth your while and second take a minute and share it with somebody who could use it or just leave a comment I'd love to hear how these videos are impacting you means a lot to me thanks again for watching

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 
☰My CC Menu
× (My CC) Home Chat Login Vision & Mission Forums Extra Resources

Donate Contact follow me on facebook